… until the Christmas Fine Crafts Fair. I’m actually within striking distance of it, have most smaller stock either done or largely done. I did a quick review of last year’s sales and reminded myself that 50% of my sales were $20 or under and the other half was stuff priced between $20 and $50. So having mostly lower-priced items seems to be the ticket, but I’m still working on finishing off a couple of medium-sized pieces. Not only do they visually fill the booth nicely and are easily visible from afar, but you do get the odd person who is looking for a larger item, be it as a Christmas or wedding gift or for their own use. So things are going reasonably well, as long as they keep going! That’s my problem now – getting through A Day Of Many Things and finding the energy to work into the night.
What I have left to do for the fair:
– printing some business cards, brochures and labels
– finishing off the design of workshop brochures (mostly done, just needs tweaking)
– finishing the edging/cording on small, round ornaments
– attaching threads for hanging and labels with prices – delegatable (is it a word?)
– finishing off medium-sized landscapes – layouts, layering, edging, etc. (this is the area in which I’m the furtehr behind)
– layer, quilt and bind two or three medium-sized pieces
– work some more on booth layout
– do any other pieces that strike me as useful, if time allows
Other stuff with the same deadline, but different destination:
– Comfort & Joy piece
– finish bell ornaments for annex gallery shop
I seem to be past the feeling of being so overwhelmed that I can no longer remember what I have and have not done, which is a help. If I can get the ornaments out of my hair by the end of tomorrow, I’ll be able to rest easy.
Must get back to it now….